Overview of the role
Are you passionate about taking up challenges?
Are you curious to know how a global industry leader operates in the world of Big Data?
Are you ready to make a lasting impact by accomplishing business-critical assignments leveraging data and technology?
We welcome you to apply and join P&G Data Science Internship Program in our General Office in Singapore!
You’ll be working with passionate people and receiving both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and technical coach.
What Success Looks Like
Data Scientist (DS) at P&G are a specialist group belonging to the Data Science & Analytics team in IT Department. Data scientists provide the technical expertise and data-driven insights about consumer, retailer and market. As a Data Science Intern, you should be analytical, a problem solver, excellent in communicating, and have the passion to lead and make things happen.
Key Internship Expectations
- You have responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will be given specific real-life projects and responsibilities, e.g. retail analytics, consumer analytics, media analytics, etc. You take ownership of your project from the beginning.
- You will gain phenomenal, real-life experience in a world-class work environment that uses state-of-the-art technology.
- Work and be part of a dynamic and supportive environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and support initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- We love flexibility! You can arrange your work schedule based on your personal needs; you will experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
- You are a top talent, current university (Bachelor’s or Master’s degree) student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Applied Science or other quant-focused field. Preferably has less than 1 years to graduate, and can commit to a 6 month internship.
- Possesses strong technical skills, proficient to code in Python or R, and able to query using SQL and analyse data on a big data environment. Knowledge on Hadoop and SPARK preferred.
- Have experience or coursework in statistical modelling, machine learning or econometrics. Experience in Kaggle or other data analytics competition is a plus.
- Are comfortable collaborating cross-functionally – with people from different levels, backgrounds and experiences.
- Are open-minded and willing to continuously stretch yourself to learn new things and grow as a professional.
- Takes initiative, show flexibility, display solution oriented mindset and have strong time management skill.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.