Operation Technology Team. The group is providing new technology solutions to enhance and sustain CTQs, Yield, UPH, Downtime performance for HAMR product development to position HAMR product lead in the HDD market.
● Working with senior level Design engineers in designing of L-slider assembly and metrology component parts.
● Research and document component parts to generate a BOM (bill of materials).
● Hands-on experience in performing thermal, acoustic, electrical, and mechanical testing of components and systems to validate and generate the test reports for the design against program requirements.
● Portions of this job will be in a lab / cleanroom environment validating and qualifying conceptual designs and prototype product implementations.
● Designs portions of engineering solutions for mechanical and thermal hardware, electronics enclosures, and production tooling based on established engineering principles and in accordance with provided specifications and requirements.
● Implements established test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, developing fan curves, system power measurements & acoustics.
● Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on mechanical and thermal design and development.
● Participates as a member of project team of other mechanical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately- complex products.
● Good analytical and problem solving skills.
● Understanding of design for sheet metal and plastic parts and associated production tooling and processes.
● Understanding of thermal properties of materials and heat transfer.
● Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and the local language
● Backround in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical/Product Design Engineering program.
● Must have completed Sophomore or above academic level
● Experience or training in solid modelling software CREO/PTC and Solidworks helpful.
● Experience or coursework in Electronics Packaging is preferred.
● Basic knowledge of electrical principles and electronic components.
● Basic element analysis experience is preferred.
● Experience or understanding of 3D CAD software as a mechanical design tool.
Home to 4,000+ employees, Seagate Teparuk site produces nano-recording heads, a crucial component of the read/write functionality of a hard disk drive. The Teparuk facility is a fun and active site. Here at work you and your colleagues can grab breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks at Seagate 24-7 on-site canteen and coffee shop. Get in a few laps around Seagate running track or enjoy volleyball, ping pong, badminton or football through the on-site gymnasium and fitness center. Seagate also offer music, dance and yoga activities. Enjoy many on-site festivals and celebrations as well as opportunities to give back to the local community.
Location: Teparuk, Thailand
Since 1979, Seagate have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 40,000 creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the Southeast Asia, India, China, the United Kingdom, and beyond. At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential.