Job Description Summary
Through our Project Management Leadership Program (PMLP), at GE Power we are nurturing the next generation of EPC project managers and project functional management leaders for complex gas power turnkey projects.
This leadership program is designed to accelerate the development of early career talents from the field of project execution. It involves three highly challenging rotational assignments, intense training curricula in the areas of technical and leadership skills, mentoring and continuous on the job learning.
This is a two-year program spanning three eight-month long rotational assignments out of which at least one will be on a project (construction) site. Other rotations may take place in another project discipline like scheduling, contract management, plant engineering, project finance - based on the personal growth journey of the candidate.
During the program PMLPs will develop a solid understanding of how project execution works in the gas power sector. They will work with our best in class project managers and project staff to acquire the necessary technical and leadership competencies to be able fulfill both customer and business objectives.
Upon successful completion of the 2-year program, participants will land in a role in one of the core project management disciplines (project management, contract management, construction, planning, fulfillment, service), based on their competencies, personal aspirations and current business demand.
The successful candidate
1. is resilient and has the ability to deal with pressure;
2. has a persuasive communication style and brings energy and a goal orientated approach to their role;
3. Is able to handle conflict and defuse tension;
4. Is able to drive outcomes across multi-functional teams often times in a virtual arrangement;
5. has the courage to speak up and addresses issues transparently;
6. is able to comprehend complex information from various stakeholders;
7. has an eye for the details;
8. is open to feedback, self-reflection and invests in their own growth;
9. can work across different cultures with inclusion and respect.
1. Proven leadership skills and prior experience leading projects or teams
2. Experience in project scheduling
3. Experience in working with contracts in an EPC environment
4. (Project) finance experience
5. Experience in working internationally
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
The General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational company. For more than 125 years since our establishment in 1892, GE has invented the future of industry and is best known for its work in the power, renewable energy, aviation, and Healthcare industries. At GE, we are committed to building a more diverse workforce and a more inclusive workplace by focusing on transparency, accountability, and community.