Job Description Summary
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) develops sales and commercial leaders through stimulating rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Grid Solutions products and customers, while also making significant contributions to the business.
You would have the opportunity to work closely with the team members from the commercial team and other functions to meet business needs across the organization, being involved in the planning and contributing to the overall business strategy.
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments rotations within the commercial functions and other areas of GE Grid Solutions giving you exposure to different areas, products, and leaders.
- Work closely with the Commercial Team to support development of the overall business growth strategy, including market analysis and market opportunities identification and execution of the sales growth plan
- Support the Sales Managers to define the sales strategy for targeted clients and develop a thorough understanding and analysis of the core markets.
- Support the Sales Managers in the negotiation with customers; ensure deals deliver shareholder value to contribute positively to sales, orders, and profitability
- Work very closely with the Sales Manager to build the Risk & Opportunities analysis and the associated mitigation plans.
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk with the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
- Make technical presentations to the customers
- Partner with the Proposal team in the development of proposals to meet customers’ and sales team requirements.
- Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Liaise, support, and monitor with the Commercial and Finance departments to ensure customers pay promptly and work with senior management of any necessary actions to ensure the business recovers all outstanding debts
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant science degree, preferably in Electrical, also open to Mechanical, Power Systems, Industrial Engineering, etc.
- Prior intern or co-op experience, or relevant work experience (0-3 years) preferably in sales, sales support, or marketing in the Energy industry
- Demonstrates a strong interest in the Renewable Energy industry
- Legal authorization to work in Australia (Australian Citizenship or Permanent Resident). We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Geographic flexibility for rotations
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About General Electric
The General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational company. For more than 125 years since our establishment in 1892, GE has invented the future of industry and is best known for its work in the power, renewable energy, aviation, and Healthcare industries. At GE, we are committed to building a more diverse workforce and a more inclusive workplace by focusing on transparency, accountability, and community.