As a Business Analytics & insights intern, you will be working with the regional & country stakeholders based out of Singapore. The intern must be an analytical thinker who can define problems, extract key information from data, develop, model and test hypothesis and provide solutions. The intern must have a passion for problem-solving, be delivery focused, eager to learn and apply new skills, technically savvy, and an exceptional communicator.
The person in this role will assist to frame, investigate, and answer key business questions and deliver the analytics and insights to support the adaptation of regional strategies and tactics for the local market. This will include performance measurement, customer data mining, sales force effectiveness and marketing attribution, as needed to uncover insights.
- Able to look at a complex numerical data sets, triangulate different sources, interpret, visualize and provide meaningful & actionable insights to drive the business, ensuring alignment with key business partners.
- Collaboratively work with functional stakeholders including Finance/Supply Chain/Marketing by providing clear & strategic inputs into commercial planning & forecasting activities.
- Support the harmonization of market performance tracking in partnership with local countries and regional teams by deploying standardized, automated consistent and globally aligned management reports, dashboards, key performance indicators and data for self-serve.
- Lead rapid prototyping of advanced analytics use cases (by building Statistical & machine learning models) that can be applied to solve complex business & functional challenges.
- Provide analytic support in the market and interface with country commercial teams to provide data driven strategic guidance.
- Identify innovative analytics techniques, tools, and processes, for enterprise- and regional-level initiatives and keep up to date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate external data assets as required
- Develop and communicate actionable recommendations for decision makers
- Identify key business issues/questions and develops the most appropriate research design, methodology and analytic plan to address business/ research needs. Runs quantitative and qualitative research and leveraging of advanced analytics that feed into the development and execution of strategies that drive the business. Integrate knowledge from multiple sources and creates meaningful interpretations and recommendations that address business issues. –
- Currently enrolled in the bachelor’s / Master discipline (Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Marketing, Advertising or Computing, etc)
- Ability to manipulate and visualize large and complex data sets to effectively communicate insights and opportunities
- Hands on experience with Excel
- Hands- on experience using data visualization such as PowerBI (preferred), Tableau or similar tools
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook ad manager reporting.
- Knowledge of R, Python, as well as SQL and R Shiny are a plus
- Strong communication and influencing skills with proven ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques succinctly to a non-technical audience