Overview of role
Keen to work for one of the top 3 Employers in the world?
P&G’s Hair Care category in Asia is a strategically important part of the global Hair Care business. It is a dynamic and evolving market with ample opportunities to tap on, innovate and derive meaningful consumer insights!
Want to be part of an exciting innovation journey via hands on experimentation and real-life technical problem solving for our global Hair Care brands like Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences?
The Associate Scientist Traineeship is for individuals who strive to use and grow their understanding of science/engineering to deliver innovation. During the traineeship, they will develop sufficient proficiency in Procedural work and expertise in Application work by combining hands-on experimentation with scientific principles and knowledge from their science/engineering education to drive foundational technical understanding and solve technical problems. This traineeship will deliver technical outputs which address critical innovation challenges and completion of key breakthroughs.
P&G have several traineeship positions in our Hair Care R&D organization in the Process Development and Packaging Development disciplines.
- Apply academic background, practical hands-on experience, and sound scientific method to generate and interpret data, solve problems, and make discoveries and connections against project needs and problem resolution.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the fundamental science and technology in their area and use hands-on, in the “lab” experimentation to deliver against the objectives of the project.
- Look for new ways to approach experimentation to meet project needs and improve learning.
- Develop skills and approaches consistent with a learning culture and “innovation through experimentation,” valuing and learning from both success and failure.
- Communicate results both orally and in writing to their manager/technical coach and project team.
- Masters' degree in Engineering or related fields
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and graduated or graduating in between Year 2019 to 2021, from local or overseas universities
- Mid-careers/experienced candidates can also be considered if candidate is open to a Traineeship role
- Available for a period of 6-months from March/April 2021
- Strong ownership & self-leadership skills to understand the business objective, local context and business landscape to deliver the required outcomes
- Effective oral and written communication skills is a must
- Able to work independently, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and uses data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
About Procter & Gamble
P&G was founded in Ohio over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation, and citizenship.
The insight, innovation, and passion of talented teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly, ethically, transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.