Overview of role
Keen to work for one of the top 3 Employers in the world?
P&G’s Hair Care category in Asia is a strategically important part of the global Hair Care business. It is a dynamic and evolving market with ample opportunities to tap on, innovate and derive meaningful consumer insights!
Want to be part of an exciting innovation journey via hands-on experimentation and real-life technical problem solving for P&G global Hair Care brands like Pantene, Head and Shoulders, Rejoice, Herbal Essences?
The Associate Scientist Traineeship is for individuals who strive to use and grow their understanding of science/engineering to deliver innovation. During the traineeship, they will develop sufficient proficiency in Procedural work and expertise in Application work by combining hands-on experimentation with scientific principles and knowledge from their science/engineering education to drive foundational technical understanding and solve technical problems. This traineeship will deliver technical outputs which address critical innovation challenges and the completion of key breakthroughs.
P&G have several traineeship positions in our Hair Care R&D organization in the Process Development and Packaging Development disciplines.
- Apply academic background, practical hands-on experience, and sound scientific method to generate and interpret data, solve problems, and make discoveries and connections against project needs and problem resolution.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the fundamental science and technology in their area and use hands-on, in the “lab” experimentation to deliver against the objectives of the project.
- Look for new ways to approach experimentation to meet project needs and improve learning.
- Develop skills and approaches consistent with a learning culture and “innovation through experimentation,” valuing and learning from both success and failure.
- Communicate results both orally and in writing to their manager/technical coach and project team.
- PhD degree in Engineering or related fields
- Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and graduated or graduating in between Year 2019 to 2021, from local or overseas universities
- Mid-careers/experienced candidates can also be considered if candidate is open to a Traineeship role
- Available for a period of 6-months from March/April 2021
- Strong ownership & self-leadership skills to understand the business objective, local context and business landscape to deliver the required outcomes
- Effective oral and written communication skills is a must
- Able to work independently, prioritize and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and uses data to connect multiple ideas and develop solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to connect with people from different cultures and levels, both internally and externally
About Procter & Gamble
P&G was founded in Ohio over 180 years ago as a simple soap and candle company. Today, we’re the world’s largest consumer goods company and home to trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We’ve spanned three centuries thanks to three simple ideas: leadership, innovation, and citizenship.
The insight, innovation, and passion of talented teams has helped us grow into a global company that is governed responsibly, ethically, transparent, and that supports good causes and protects the environment. This is a place where you can be proud to work and do something that matters.