Korat Drive System Engineering – Contain of 5 job functions (Read/Write (R/W), Head Media Electrical (HME), Drive Servo (SVO), Drive Mechanical (MECH) and Head Disk Integration Group (HDIG). Overall assignment is a Hard Disc Drive (HDD) technical support team that work closely with product engineer, design center and reliability team to solving HDD problems, improving product quality, yield and test-time in related field of each function.
• Collaborate with Product Engineers, Design Center Engineers and Reliability Team to solving Hard Disc Drive (HDD) problems, improving product quality, yield and test-time in related field of each function.
• Assist and/or initiate to any drive’s test process, generate process improvements ideas and actively participate in design concepts
• Provide direct on-site support to manufacturing operations, product engineers, reliability team, and design centers
• Perform data analysis, mechanical and electrical failure analysis (MFA,EFA) by using Seagate’s HDD tools, Matlab and computer programing (C and Python) in order to finding the root-cause, understand the problems and/or new design such as changes in mechanical and electrical component.
• Monitor the product performance, yield and quality focusing on related field of each function
• Be a technical consultant to Product Engineers and Reliability Team
• Continue improving technical knowledge of each team
• Initiate new tools and/or techniques to improve each job function to work faster or smarter
• Organization, ability to manage multiple projects
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Good Engineering verification and evaluation skills
• Ability to work across multiple teams and collaborate effectively
• Communication skills
• Good command of English
• Miicrosoft Office, Matlab, computer programing (C and Python) and oscilloscope
• Knowledge and understanding in signal and system, basic electrical and circuit
• Knowledge of data analysis
Seagate Korat facility is the largest manufacturing site worldwide, with almost 20,000 employees. Here, the team produces cloud-based storage equipment, from individual storage components to finish drives. Seagate employees enjoy ample on-site parking as well as free shuttle vans and buses within the city of Korat, to and from Bangkok, and on the weekend to and from Khon Kaen University. At work, you can grab a delicious breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks at one of Seagate 24-7 on-site canteens or coffee shop. Seagate offers ping-pong, a running/walking trail, basketball and volleyball teams, and classes in our on-site fitness center. Seagate also has many on-site events and opportunities to give back to the local community.
Since 1979, Seagate have been creating precision-engineered data storage technologies that deliver superior capacity, speed, safety, and performance. We are a diverse workforce of 40,000 creative, hard-working, passionate people all over the world—Silicon Valley, the Southeast Asia, India, China, the United Kingdom, and beyond. At Seagate, we know that data is always in motion, alive, connected—and we harness it in order to maximize human potential.